Aberdeen North SeaJob Reference - J8830
Wells Operations Engineer (P&A)
Position Title Well Operations Engineer P&A
Reports to P&A Superintendent
Department Drilling and Completions
Position Location Aberdeen
Only applicants with the right to work in the UK will be considered.
• Lead a team of Well Operations Supervisors to execute an agreed schedule of Well Management P&A activities
• Provide effective day to day co-ordination of all Well Operation P&A activities including Interventions, Workovers, Integrity verification repairs associated with P&A activity.
• Integrate fully into the operational infrastructure and co-ordinate interfaces with the drilling, sub-surface, logistics and asset teams to produce forward activity plans.
• Deliver Wells Management P&A activities to meet programme objectives within time, budget and performance targets.
• Ensure all Wells Management P&A activities are planned and executed in accordance with safety and quality standards and processes.
• Track Wells Management P&A activity costs in relation to approved budgets and expenditure.
• Leading and/or enabling change and continual improvement.
• Ensure that the Safety Management System and Well Operations Policies & Procedures are complied with at all times and that appropriate preparation and resource has been made to permit the safe execution of all activities.
• Promote and assist in safety initiatives and incident investigations and follow up actions.
• Support and participate in quality and safety audits relating to well operations P&A activities
• Define activity work scopes from proposals on Project Summary Sheets, AFI’s or AFE’s and through communication with multi- discipline teams.
• Develop P&A work programmes (and associated work instructions), ensuring that adequate peer review and risk assessment are held and documented
• Obtain programme approval for planned activities.
• Plan, co-ordinate and execute Wells Management P&A activities to meet programme objectives within time, budget and performance targets for production protection, production add and to maintain well integrity.
• Co-ordinate efforts to develop and implement effective solutions to resolve well related problems and issues.
• Ensure that the required, personnel, equipment and services are available for the planned operations.
• Ensure design, materials, equipment etc. are appropriate for intended activity.
• Specify and arrange procurement and timely supply of resources; equipment, manpower and services.
• Ensure effective use of equipment and materials inventories.
• Ensure the accurate and prompt reporting of Wells Management P&A activities and operational performance.
• Monitor and evaluate the performance of Client and contractor personnel and ensure reporting of same for improvement discussions.
• Provide technical support for the well operations team, peer groups and contractors.
• Support the development and implementation of improvement initiatives.
• Ensure new technologies are appraised and utilised as appropriate to aid continued improvement of well operations.
• Ensure that all operational activities and those of contractors are carried out fully in accordance with the requirements of Quality Standards, Procedures and work instructions.
• Actively participate in improving the Quality Management System where appropriate.
• Mentor Well Operations Supervisors and graduate trainees as appropriate.
Education attainment & Accreditation
• Min City & Guilds/ONC, time served in disciple, equivalent in engineering preferred
• Well Control IWCF or equivalent
• Offshore Survival
Professional Skills & Experience
• Engineering background – apprenticeship.
• Significant offshore experience in relevant disciplines.
• Previous onshore experience in Well Operations or via internal development position.
• Technical understanding of the complexities of planning and executing well and platform operations.
Interpersonal Skills & Qualities
• Proven supervisory and man management skills.
• Good communication and liaison skills involving multi-discipline teams.
• Team player with methodical and organised approach to tasks and problems.
• Computer literate and capable of collating & interpreting technical information and preparing reports of well operational activities.
• Ability to travel offshore