UKJob Reference - J9237
(Contract) Procurement Adviser
Our client, a leading global energy company have a fantastic opportunity for a Contract Procurement Adviser position in the UK.
The role and its responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to the following:
Coordinate multi-discipline activities and inputs throughout the Pre-Award Procurement cycle from the development of enquiry documents, through bid evaluation, pre-award negotiations, preparation of contracts for execution, their subsequent implementation and amendments.
Key responsibilities cover the following areas:
- Preparation of Procurement contract strategy documents
- Preparation of Procurement tender enquiry documents
- Undertake formal bid clarifications and evaluations
- Involvement in pre-award negotiations
- Prepare award recommendation and contracts for execution
- Implementation /amendment of Contracts as appropriate
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- To implement and properly follow all client procedures and policies
- To liaise with operations and administration personnel in order to prepare and develop appropriate contractual strategy and documentation for tender and negotiation processes
- To commercially evaluate bids and coordinate the technical evaluations of tenders. Assist in assessing the impact of contract exceptions in order to produce recommendation for award of contract, in accordance with agreed time schedules
- To participate in meetings both internal and external to resolve areas of conflict of a contractual and commercial nature
- To assist in the negotiation of terms and conditions and determine the extent of risks and liabilities that may be involved and concisely describe such risks to assist in management decisions
- To follow execution of contract advise on the interpretation of contract terms
- To file procurement process documents accurately ready for audit
- To liaise with external suppliers and service companies to maintain an awareness of market conditions and to ensure an effective service from them.
- To ensure compliance with company and legislative procedures and required directives throughout all activities
- To implement any other reasonable request from the Procurement Coordinator and Procurement Manager
- To ensure adherence to the Company's Health, Safety & Environment policies, procedures and standards
- To fully comply with the clients Code of Ethics and Law principles
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree qualified in a Business or Commercial subject (preferred)
Required Experience and Technical Competencies:
- Detailed working knowledge of SAP, electronic tendering systems, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Oil and Gas industry experience required.
- Pre-award procurement experience (5-15 years) for oil and gas drilling and operations, EPC (engineering, procurement and construction), decommissioning, including proven negotiation skills and proven experience in undertaking contract evaluations
- Work to tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Able to work in complex environment with conflicting priorities
- Integrity and Honesty
- Good understanding of business ethics and protocol.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Flexible and adaptable
All candidates must have the Right to Work in the UK