UKJob Reference -J9392
Junior Well Intervention Instructor
Our Client, an internationally renowned Well Engineering and Well Control training provider, offering specialist Oil and Gas internationally certified Drilling & Well Intervention courses worldwide, are currently seeking a Well Engineering Instructor on a staff basis.
Reporting to the Group Technical Manager - this exciting staff opportunity will have the responsibility for the research, development, maintenance and delivery of a wide range of specialist technical training courses in the UK and on a global capacity.
The role will be central to bringing technical aspects of the well construction industry, including well interventions, completions, drilling and plug & abandonment activities to a teaching-based environment.
Location: The role will be onshore (office based), and will include domestic offshore and international travel, to meet the needs of the business, as restrictions allow.
Role and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
• The development and maintenance of the Client's instruction material
• The successful incumbent shall research relevant Subject Matter to include; well design, casing design, drilling fluids, completions, interventions, well integrity, cementing and plug & abandonment
• The role will include the preparation and delivery of a range of specialist technical training courses and technical writing documentation
• Responsibilities will also include undertaking the coaching and assessment of personnel in the classroom and on-site
• Work in conjunction with the wider Technical Group, recommending improvements and upgrades to existing materials
• Applications are invited from candidates who are willing to engage with industry bodies and customers in order to establish training opportunities and requirements
• Work closely with the Business Development team, whilst representing the brand name and ensuring customer service delivery
• Applications are invited from candidates having relevant Oil and Gas industry experience across a broad range of disciplines associated with the well full life-cycle
• Candidates must be technically competent, showing good knowledge and understanding of complex operations including MPD (Managed Pressure Drilling), Coiled Tubing and Snubbing operations is required when considering this role
• The Client would be extremely interested in hearing from candidates with a drilling or well interventions background but with an interest in developing their knowledge across both disciplines
• Knowledge and experience of subsea would be highly advantageous
• Candidates must be fluent in both written and verbal English having excellent communication skills, approachable and personable as student engagement forms an essential requirement for this role
• Previous coaching/teaching experience would be highly advantageous to the Client and candidates must be keen to develop their career within an Instructor capacity
• Degree Qualified candidates within an Engineering/ Oil and Gas subject is essential
• Hybrid role, predominantly onshore and offshore will be required to meet the needs of the business, all industry required certification including BOISET/FOET and MEDICAL will be required for this role
• Candidates must have the Right To Work in the UK, as no sponsorship is available
Please submit your CV quoting reference J9392