UKJob Reference - J9274
Night Wellsite Supervisor
Our Client, a highly respected Oil and Gas Operator is seeking a Night Wellsite Supervisor for a for a long term project in the UKCS. The role and its responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervises offshore operations undertaken by the Client and ensures the safe and successful execution of drilling programmes.
• Reviews the Drilling Programme in detail and advises the Drilling Superintendent of deficiencies and of potential improvements to the Programme to optimise the operation and reduce costs.
• Ensures the Drilling Programme, policies and instructions are properly directed and communicated to the rig team.
• Supervises and supports well control planning and procedures in conjunction with the rig team.
• Supervises and supports the well operational activities of Wells team members offshore.
• Responsible for the timely ordering, checking and subsequent return of equipment, materials and services required for activities under Client control.
• Supervises the drilling and completion of the well and ensures activities are undertaken safely and in a cost effective and timely manner.
• Ensures the security of classified information by implementing control procedures if specified by the Drilling Superintendent.
• Continually evaluates working procedures to identify opportunities to achieve time and cost savings.
• Supervises and supports project agreed HSEQ processes and initiatives on the rig.
• Reviews and supports the Drilling Contractor's Safety Assessment for any non routine operations on the rig.
• Participates in rig Safety Meetings, Safety Management System and encourages the use of the behavioural safety system.
• Ensures Policies, Procedures and Guidance Documents are implemented as appropriate.
• Engineering degree (or equivalent) or equivalent relevant industry experience
• Fully certified by a recognised Well Control Authority for well servicing activities e.g. IWCF, WELLCAP to Subsea Supervisor level
• Offshore Survival Training Certificate, UK Medical and MIST
• Knowledge of well reporting and drilling engineering software applications
• Several years practical experience as a Drilling Engineer in well planning operations and as a Rig Site Drilling Engineer; or
• Good experience developed with a drilling contractor, through the career progression from Roustabout to Toolpusher in line with drilling industry career development expectations.
• Previous experience in a well site leadership position
• Experience with safety & operational programs
• Good knowledge of the calculation skills used for well site supervision
• Extensive experience within a North Sea environment.
• Previous experience in an operator environment preferred.
• Experience managing third party contractors
• Refer to Competency Matrix
• Ability to act rationally under pressure
• Strong leadership qualities
• Self starter
• Able to communicate clearly
All Candidates must have The Right To Work in the UK as no sponsorship is available, proof must also be provided on request.