UKJob Reference -J9297
Safety and Risk Engineer
Our client, a leading global energy company, have a fantastic opportunity for a Safety and Risk engineer based in the Chester area.
Provision and coordination of effective safety advice, support and information to the Client, LBA operations, including associated brownfield developments; ensuring compliance with applicable UK regulations and company-wide HSE Policies and Management Standards. The incumbent will coordinate as required the development and implementation of HSE risk assessment and control processes, including qualitative and quantitative risk analyses as required; participate or lead HAZIDs, HAZOPs, LOPA and SIL assessments; provide guidance on operational HSE issues that may impact safe Operations with regard to Major Accident Hazards.
The incumbent will work with the Client in the fields of Risk & Safety Engineering, Production, Drilling, Aviation and Marine Operations and must have a background of assessing the reliability, safety and health risks of onshore and offshore ageing oil/gas plant, including, but not limited to:
- Proposed modifications of maintenance activities/frequencies
- The evaluation of process changes required for late life operations
- The assessment of non-routine operations such as start-up, shut-down, major equipment isolation for maintenance interventions;
- The assessment of operational risks and provision of pragmatic solutions during any impairment of Safety and Environmental Critical Equipment;
- Providing challenge during multi-discipline reviews of plant operation e.g. leading process hazard reviews, re-evaluating Emergency Response Plans
- Providing advice to operations regarding the effects of human factors e.g. Safety Critical Task Analyses, Probabilistic Human Error Analysis, Performance Influencing Factors
Required Experience and Technical Competencies (relevant experience and technical skills):
- Direct operational oil and gas industry experience working for a regulatory body/operator/major contractor onshore/offshore 10 years minimum
- Risk management and risk assessment skills, specifically those described in the Job Purpose section and working knowledge of the UK HSE regulatory regime, especially the Safety Case Regulations and Relevant Statutory Provisions.
- Evaluation of Major Accident Hazards/risks, both process and non-process and providing ALARP based risk control measures.
- Technical proficiency in leading process hazards analyses, assessing instrumentation and process control systems, Control Room operations, alarm and inhibits management, Cause and Effects reviews, ESD design/modification
- Knowledge of offshore and onshore operations and critical procedures ideally gained in an operator company and/or via a service contractor
- Experience in HSE reporting systems e.g. process safety KPIs
- Experience in Occupational and Process Safety Audits
- Demonstrable responsibility within a UKNS operators Technical Safety function or as a Contractor leading on Technical Safety matters directly on behalf of the operator
- Practical use of Reliability and Availability Modelling, LOPA/SIL assessments, HAZOPs and process HAZIDs as applied to late life operations.
- Engineering or Science Degree
- UK Chartered Engineer (Preferred)