UKJob Reference -J9327
Senior ICT Specialist
Our client, a leading global energy company, have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior ITC Specialist to act as part of a small multi-skilled and integrated information and Communications Technology Department based in London for a 12 month Temporary Worker PAYE Contract.
The Senior ICT Specialist will have primary responsibility for all aspects of provision of ICT systems and services to a number of user departments within the company. They will also have a secondary responsibility for a further group of departments and will be expected to have a general familiarity with all remaining user departments so that mission-critical facilities may be sustained under almost all circumstances.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To deliver low cost and innovative ICT solutions by leveraging the benefits of deep knowledge of both ICT and business needs
- To help to guarantee the security, coherence and consistency of the ICT environment and participate in its development and enhancement.
- To assist the user community to obtain maximum benefit from ICT
- To ensure adherence to the company's Health, Safety & Environment policies, procedures and standards
- To provide support and advice to users, managers, VIPs and team leaders in order to understand the data, application and knowledge needs of the business
- To develop workable ICT solutions with the relevant part(s) of the business
- To work closely with the relevant part(s) of the business to resolve solution implementation issues and to agree that solution delivery is complete and fully meets the business specification
- To assess the effectiveness of system controls and general computer controls to ensure that transactions are properly authorised, system access is appropriate, and a proper segregation of duties exists in the ICT environment
- To analyse data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations, and management policies or procedures
Education & Professional Qualifications:
- Degree preferred
- Certification in ITIL and Prince 2 would be beneficial
Experience and Technical Competencies:
- Wide, relevant and detailed knowledge of hardware/software/systems in a complex networked environment comprising software and systems from vendors such as Microsoft, VMWare, Commvault, Netapp, Cisco, HP, Lenovo and Bluecoat amongst others.
- A good knowledge of ITIL methodology is essential
- Broad ICT experience in a multi-skilled role, ideally in the Oil and Gas sector, involving project management; business & technical software; business analysis; service delivery; contract & supplier management and user-facing focus
All Candidates must have The Right to Work in the UK.