UKJob Reference -J9273
Senior P&A Engineer
Our client, a leading oil and gas exploration and production company operating in the North Sea have an urgent requirement for a Senior P&A Engineer of the highest calibre for a UKCS Contract PAYE position.
• The Senior P&A Engineer's role is to design, plan and provide engineering support during the execution stage and post well review of well abandonment operations using WDP principles, processes and best practices
• The role will require the collection and evaluation of all offset data required to populate the Well Delivery (P&A) Process requirements. This will include but not be limited to: offset well bore stability review; pore pressure and fracture gradient analysis; loss zone identification; creating a mud weight chart for the well re-entry; identification of risk and mitigations; providing the technical analysis of Management of Change documents
• The role will be required to make an assessment of existing conditions and definition of appropriate, optimised abandonment designs for specific well abandonment projects and hence the incumbent should be capable of identifying novel techniques and identifying appropriate application of new technologies to optimise the P&A process
• To support the project management for multiple subsea projects through the Pre-Select, Select and Define stages by ensuring that current status of all wells is thoroughly understood and options for abandonment have been identified and evaluated leading to optimal solutions using leading edge methods and technologies
• To support the transition into operational phases, including handover to operational teams, for early intervention plugging / assessment or final well abandonment campaigns
• Production of conceptual design and initial well plug & abandonment planning as driven by the Well work schedule deadlines encompassing preparation of P&A steps to include plug placement, cement reviews, downhole tooling configuration, engineering risk review - whether rig-based or rigless
• Planning of all Well Plug and Abandonment Activities to the standards stipulated within the Client's Well Management System (WMS) as well as awareness and understanding of Oil & Gas UK Guidelines
• Demonstration of commitment to the delivery of HSE goals and objectives.
• Production of HSE reports as appropriate for drilling and well operations.
• Ensuring risk assessments are carried out for respective activity.
• Preparation of programmes in line with the Client's statutory policies and guidelines.
• Ensure that the well construction design and P&A design is fit for purpose, cost effective (demonstrated through benchmarking) and consistent with industry best practice
• Support of project framing sessions and subsequent production and approval of Project Execution Plans
• Where appropriate, line management of P&A engineers to ensure timely project delivery and management of priorities
• Engage with appropriate disciplines/departments to ensure production of relevant basis of design document (BOD)
• Ensure the relevant stage gates of the well abandonment projects are supported with accurate well definitions and abandonment designs in line with DTA and R&W project delivery requirements (in preparation for Risk Assessments, Peer Reviews, Gate Reviews etc.)
• Ensure an effective review and risk assessment of existing well data across the relevant well stock exists
• Assist in production/preparation of well cost durations and estimates for all options
• Identification and evaluation of new technology, vessel options and equipment for more cost effective operations
• Identify and recommend potential scope of work synergies including impact on Decommissioning Cost Estimate (DCE)
• Coordinate through liaison with SCM / DTA representatives' recommendations for execution contract strategies
• Ensure that the well P&A design is fit for purpose, cost effective (demonstrated through benchmarking) and consistent with industry best practice
• Establish suitable budgets and maintain effective project financial control during the relevant stage gates
• Identifying Best-In-Class (BIC) targets based upon robust like well analysis and delivery of a probability distribution of costs (P10/P50/P90)
• Application of the Technical Limit /Advanced Planning process during planning and execution to ensure optimum operating efficiency
• Preparation of well time and cost estimates for annual capital allocation, FM and AFE purposes which incorporate challenging but deliverable BIC targets
• Identifying, reviewing and incorporating lessons learned
• Continuously challenge well performance and identify areas for improvement
Technology and Best Practice:
• Pursuit of alternative techniques to reduce well costs without compromising safety or technical standards.
• Collating equipment failure data and follow-up of all investigations where appropriate.
• Ensuring best practice and new technology are incorporated into the abandonment programme to optimise performance.
• Ensuring engineering software simulation applications are used to optimise and improve performance.
Education Attainment & Accreditation:
• Relevant Engineering degree or equivalent
• Current IWCF (or equivalent) Well Control Certificate (Drilling Supervisor Level)
• Maintain necessary offshore certification including BOSIET and medical
Professional Skills & Experience:
• Previous North Sea well engineering / workover experience
• Experience of managing financial budgets
Interpersonal Skills & Qualities:
• Experienced in communication with internal and external stakeholders including JV asset teams, shareholders, regulatory authorities, partners and industry bodies
• Ability to be decisive by making well thought through timely decisions.
• Energy and self-drive to deliver results with minimal supervision
• Able to manage self and others to ensure achievement of all stage gate deliverable
• Drives change and continual improvement
• Ability to travel offshore
Apllicants must have the right to work in the UK.