UKJob Reference - J9239
Software Developer / C++ Programmer
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER/ C++ PROGRAMMER
Our Client, an internationally renowned Well Engineering and Well Control training provider, offering specialist Oil and Gas internationally certified Drilling & Well Intervention courses worldwide, are currently seeking a Software Developer/C++ Programmer on a staff basis. Reporting to the Project Manager and/or Technical Director of Simulations - this exciting staff opportunity will include the design and development of the Company's software. The role will be central to bringing further development to of the Company's Drilling Simulator, adding new features and customising solutions.
Location: The role will be based in Aberdeen, UK (office based), but our Client shall give due consideration to candidates working remotely, with travel to the office as and when required and when safe to do so.
Role and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
• A proven track record in software development is required to be in a position to consider this vacancy
• Only candidates knowledgeable in C++ or other OOP (Object Oriented Programming) languages e.g. Java, will be considered for this role
• Knowledge and experience of working with HMI and GUI programming is also required by our Client
• Responsibilities will include code-reviews and testing to form part of the quality assurance processes
• The successful incumbent will work with the technical team to include the development of simulator software
• The job shall require bug fixing existing code and also adhering to the Company workflow using Git SCM and Gitflow
• Collaboration on product and design with the wider team will form part of this role
• Applications are invited from candidates with good, clear and concise communication skills having a solid background in troubleshooting
Degree Qualified candidates within Computer Design or similar, proof must be provided on request will only be considered for this vacancy
Candidates must be fluent in both verbal and written English
Applicants must have the Right To Work in the UK and proof must be provided on request
Please submit your CV quoting reference J9239 quoting your availability and salary expectations.