UKJob Reference - J9285
Technical Safety Engineer
Our Client a premier Exploration and Production Company, contributing to global progress by helping meet the world's energy needs are currently seeking a Technical Safety Engineer for a PAYE contract position in the UK. The role and its responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:-
- Support processes to ensure risks are identified and controlled and comply with both the Clients HSSE Expectations and industry legislation, standards and safety policies
- Provide advice and functional support on all technical safety related matters
- Ensure identified major accident hazard operational controls are in place, effective and performance monitored/reported, and impacts upon Safety and Environmentally Critical Elements are identified and assessed
- Provide support for function and operational groups on technical safety matters where required
- Assists with Safety Case review, update and audit programme
- Lead and facilitate HAZIDs/HAZOPs/HIRAs etc. where required
- Undertakes appropriate auditing and support the incident investigation within discipline area
- Conducts all activities in a safe and effective manner and raises health, safety, security and environmental issues immediately and in line with the Clients policies and help build a culture of personal accountability where safe behaviours are reinforced and at risk behaviours are challenged
- Continuously strives to improve ways of working by questioning current practices and seeking feedback from colleagues and key stakeholders
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Preferred Chartered Engineer status.
- Educated to degree level in a technical engineering discipline
- MSc in safety engineering discipline preferable
- Have all certification in place to travel offshore in UKCS
- Experience with oil & gas operations (topsides & subsea) and associated equipment and corresponding risks from a technical and practical stand-point
- Experience with technical safety engineering methods and studies for further assessment/quantification of risk, e.g. HAZID, HAZOP, HIRA, QRA & ORA
- Should be conversant with North Sea brownfield installation modification process(s) and greenfield activities
- Experience in safety case development and management within the Oil & Gas industry
- Familiar with project/developments/operations and typical oil company processes
- Full knowledge of UK HSE Legislation, in particular offshore regulations
- Recognised technical codes and engineering standards within technical safety, e.g.: Hazardous Area Classification, Fire Protection etc.
Candidates must have The Right To Work in the UK as no sponsorship is available.
Please submit your C.V. quoting Job Reference J9285 with your Day Rate To Man expectations and availability.